If an employer inquires about the timing of the spring mini-term classes offered to interns, this link may be sent to them! We will also share these dates with employers this summer.
The timing of the spring internship depends on the employer's needs, as we have mini-term classes that accommodate both of the following timings. When you accept an offer, confirm the dates of your work obligation so you can register for the appropriate section of the mini-term courses this fall (more details provided in the fall semester).
Students must be working full-time for a minimum of 8 weeks and complete the pre-requisite coursework (Intermediate I & II, Tax I, Audit, and Acct Analytics) to qualify for academic credit (ACCT 4920).
Note: The dates listed below are subject to change.
- Traditional internship – Early January until Spring Break OR through March 17th; Mini-term classes will begin March 20th and run through the end of the semester.
- Tax internship - February 6th through April 14th; Split mini-term classes run from January 11th through February 3rd and resume from April 17th through the end of the semester.
Any student who wants to enroll in ACCT 4920 must attend the REQUIRED syllabus meeting on October 26th from 5:00 - 6:00 PM in Lowder 110.
Other Important Dates For Spring 2023:
- January 11th - classes begin
- January 16th - MLK Jr. holiday
- March 6th-10th - spring break
- April 28th - classes end