Carter & Carter is looking for a recent accounting graduate to fill their open accounting position, check out the details below!
Job Description: Accounting Clerk
The Accounting Clerk is accountable for the accounting operations of the assigned projects and company,
to include the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate
system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk. This position reports to the Director of Administration who in turn reports to the President. Ultimately, a successful Construction Accountant will ensure that the company’s daily accounting functions run accurately and effectively.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Preparation of monthly financial statements
- Ensure that accounts payable are paid in a timely manner and accounts receivable are
- Tax Document verification and processing (1099’s)
- Lien Waiver Management
- Responsible for monitoring and verifying subcontractor compliance to process AP check runs
- Process company payables, from initial entry through payment and filing including:
- Receiving, accurately coding and entering invoices into accounting software
- Entering large vendor invoices/pay applications into the accounting system
- Processing invoices in a timely manner in order to eliminate/minimize paying late
interest or finance charges.
- Entering expense reports
- Ensure that periodic bank reconciliations are completed
- Balances the payroll accounts by resolving discrepancie
- A four-year bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance is preferred.
- Past association with the Construction Industry is a plus (Professional &/or Personal)
- Lien & Lien Waiver knowledge is a plus
- Ability to quickly learn to use new software
- Aptitude and comfort with numbers
- Strong computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Detail oriented and highly organized able to work on several projects simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal skills and a customer service focus
- Good work ethic, integrity, and professional demeanor
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment. A highly motivated, self-starter
- Good understanding of Accounting principles
- General understanding of construction principles