Real estate development is a high-risk, high-return business.
The Institute for Real Estate Development will enable Auburn University to become a nationally recognized hub for exceptional real estate instruction, thought leadership and research innovation across all major property sectors. The Institute will build on the strengths of the Auburn Master of Real Estate Development (MRED) program, an executive graduate degree offered jointly by the Raymond J. Harbert College of Business and the College of Architecture, Design and Construction.
Utilizing cross-disciplinary teams of faculty and industry professionals, the Auburn University Institute for Real Estate Development will provide professional and continuing education to address the growing need for industry practitioners to continuously develop their business mindset, skills and knowledge. With a national focus on multiple real estate sectors and the integration of design and capital, the AUIRED will bolster the industry by setting a new standard of excellence in mission-critical areas.
Pillars of Excellence
Exceptional Real Estate Education
As the industry becomes more complex, it is critical for professionals to have a well-rounded education and real-world knowledge that equips them to understand and address the emerging challenges and developments in the field. The institute will support real estate education at Auburn University by:
- Recruiting highly qualified students
- Providing innovative teaching inside the classroom and high-impact learning experiences outside the classroom
- Connecting students and real estate faculty to accomplished real estate practitioners
- Offering students and alumni real estate career development services, mentoring and networking opportunities
Thought Leadership For Industry
Changing real estate trends and fluctuating markets are creating a demand for professionals who can navigate a new level of sophistication. Auburn’s new Institute for Real Estate Development will assist practitioners in understanding advances in technology, increased capital, global banking, and multiple cultures and languages by:
- Serving as a premier source of thought leadership for the real estate industry
- Conducting and disseminating authoritative real estate research and expert analysis
- Providing real estate students, faculty and practitioners opportunities to network and learn through an expanded City Builders Symposium, speakers/panel discussions, market forecasting forums and multi-day conferences
Professional Development And Continuing Education
The institute will support the industry’s growing need for students and practitioners to employ an appropriate set of professional standards and increased honesty and ethical practices by:
- Serving as a source of professional development and continuing education for real estate practitioners
- Providing professional development courses, certificate programs and continuing education credit opportunities for real estate practitioners
- Producing and disseminating timely and valuable real estate education through short discussions, lectures and/or interviews through such platforms as blogs, podcasts, and other social media
Invest in the Possibilites
Your investment in the Auburn University Institute for Real Estate Development will enable us to leverage pioneering programs, executive education, research opportunities and more to inform industry in new and innovative ways.
We invite you to help Auburn create a leading institute poised to address the changing needs of real estate development by preparing graduates and industry professionals to plan, finance and build economically sustainable developments that enhance the way people work, live and play in their communities.
THE POSSIBILITIES ARE